'Remote dir up to date' unstable with FTP / Vista

Advertisement

vee

'Remote dir up to date' unstable with FTP / Vista

Hey,

I've been using WinSCP for a long time for different tasks but this is the first time I encounter a nasty and persistent problem like this. Basically I connect to an FTP server, go to directory I want there, browse to local directory on the other window (NC look-alike interface) and set the program to keep remote directory up-to-date.

It asks if I want to start with a synchronization, I usually say yes. So, I start modifying my webpages and every time I hit CTRL+S (Save) in my editor I can see 0% -> 100% flashing in the taskbar and know that the update was successful. However, around ~5 minutes editing and uploading, WinSCP freezes at 0% and crashes completely (Vista says it's not responding) or then it reports Upload failed. No reason whatsoever.

The server and basic settings are fine (I haven't touched any advanced) and I really can't figure out what's causing this. Everything goes fine at the beginning always, but then WinSCP freezes/crashes. I really don't know how to describe this more accurately, but please ask if any suggestions or ideas come to mind.

Advertisement

PhilipR

Regarding Vista and FTP....

This isn't exactly related to the OP, but because I don't have a proper bug report and only want to report a sporadic issue I figured I'd tag along at risk of hijacking the thread.

For a few weeks I was using the new FTP functionality pretty regularly on Vista, editing files quite a bit through Vim, and WinSCP was locking up *A LOT*. I mean, multiple times per day.

We've since gotten SFTP access to our server so this isn't urgent for me, but if you'd like my help in troubleshooting I'll do what I can. Feel free to contact me here: <invalid hyperlink removed by admin>

PhilipR

Oops, forgot to mention the version:

4.0.3 b 345

I know this is one rev behind and I'd be happy to upgrade if appropriate. But I'm not using FTP in my day-to-day much anyway, and it's not locking up with SFTP.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum