Help tweaking settings for big transfer

Advertisement

amead

Help tweaking settings for big transfer

I am setting up a new WinXP machine at school and I want to transfer a big directory full of data files and folders from my Linux server at home. When I open a Cygwin shell and scp stuff it doesn't seem to have any trouble (I transferred one directory of about 20 MP3 files). When I use scp (v3.8.2 build 330) to copy this directory, I seem to constantly be prompted to retry or reconnect. Are there some settings I can tweak to get it to be more robust?

Also, where can I tell scp to send "keepalive" pings like in putty?

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Help tweaking settings for big transfer

amead wrote:

I am setting up a new WinXP machine at school and I want to transfer a big directory full of data files and folders from my Linux server at home. When I open a Cygwin shell and scp stuff it doesn't seem to have any trouble (I transferred one directory of about 20 audion files). When I use scp (v3.8.2 build 330) to copy this directory, I seem to constantly be prompted to retry or reconnect. Are there some settings I can tweak to get it to be more robust?
What SSH server are you using? Can you post a log file?

Also, where can I tell scp to send "keepalive" pings like in putty?
See documentation.

martin wrote:

What SSH server are you using? Can you post a log file?

3.9p1-8.0.4.legacy

Which log file do you want? sshd doesn't have it's own log on FC3 and I don't see anything illuminating in messages or secure... (except that two hosts were trying to crack my network that day... could that do it?)

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Which log file do you want? sshd doesn't have it's own log on FC3 and I don't see anything illuminating in messages or secure... (except that two hosts were trying to crack my network that day... could that do it?)
Please see documentation.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum