Topic "Copying files to remote side failed."

bob1234

Hello All,

I just came across WinSCP and I love it! I have started to test a file synchronization task that was given to me. I have a Windows 2003 file server that I need to synchronize with and FTP server. WinSCP cli works great for this. I have figured out how to option exclude the hidden files on the share etc.

I have a few questions about what I have found in my testing

1 WinSCP does not create or sync empty directories to the remote ftp server. Is this normal?

2 Is there a way to allow it to skip an open file? I have tested this to duplicate someone leaving their machine on with an open file. My script is set to "option batch continue" and "option confirm off" but the script ends with the error Cant open file Drive:\XXXXXX.XX Copying files to remote side failed.

Number two is the only thing that has come up to stop me from using this great program Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

bob1234
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
bob1234 wrote:
1 WinSCP does not create or sync empty directories to the remote ftp server. Is this normal?

WinSCP synchronizes files only.

Quote:
2 Is there a way to allow it to skip an open file?

Not with FTP Sad

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License