Custom toolbar commands for Check In / Check Out

Advertisement

underforge

Custom toolbar commands for Check In / Check Out

I've created 3 custom commands:

ci -u !&
co -l !&
ci !&

co -u doesn't work because it requires some input, no problem I can do this with a shell the the initial checkin.

The other two work but I get an error window because they don't return a positive code:

Command 'ci "file.xml"'
failed with return code 0 and error message
RCS/file.xml,v <-- file.xml
file is unchanges; reverting to previous revision 1.1
done

Anyone have experience with this? I haven't worked with RSC much yet so I could be doing this wrong. Thanks

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Custom toolbar commands for Check In / Check Out

I'm not sure if your problem is that the command fails or WinSCP reaction to the failure.

underforge

It looks to me as though WinSCP thinks it's getting an error but the command is actually functioning properly and returning a status message.

martin wrote:

I'm not sure if your problem is that the command fails or WinSCP reaction to the failure.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

underforge wrote:

It looks to me as though WinSCP thinks it's getting an error but the command is actually functioning properly and returning a status message.
OK, looks like. WinSCP considers it to fail as it prints a message to an error output. I can change the behaviour.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Thinking it over, I'm not sure if I want to change it. You can avoid receiving the error by configuring the command like:
ci -u !& 2> /dev/null

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum