How To Disable Windows Command Line Pop-Up Window

Advertisement

gldickens3
Donor

How To Disable Windows Command Line Pop-Up Window

I have written a couple of WinSCP scripts that run from Windows XP's scheduler. Would somebody please explain to me how to disable the big black pop-up window that jumps up on the screen for about 1/2 a second each time that the script is executed by the scheduler? This is the Windows command line window that I am talking about. I want my scripts to run silently in the background but I cannot figure out how to disable this annoying pop-up.

I realize that this is probably more of a Windows question than a WinSCP question but I have googled all over the internet and I cannot find an answer. I am a newbie doing this type of thing in Windows but I have alot of experience with Unix/Linux crontab and shellscripts. I strongly suspect that this is a stupid question with an easy answer but I just can't figure it out.

Thanks,

Gordon

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: How To Disable Windows Command Line Pop-Up Window

If you are running winscp.com, than it is Windows-related question that I do not have an easy answer to. If you are running winscp.exe, just omit the /console parameter (3.8.1 and newer only).

Hey prikryl,

Thanks for replying! I had just established that your .exe file didn't display the annoying pop-up. Thanks for supplying that feature!

FWIW, Windows sucks. And that's an understatement!

BTW, congratulations on a great product and especially the flexibility that you have built in to the command line scripting.

Gordon

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum