Topic "Winscp just stopped working!!!"

davidt263
[View user's profile]

One day, I can use Winscp to log onto my iPhone no problem, add/delete files, etc. Next day, unable to login. Tried changing password from "dottie" to "alpine", upgrading from 4.0.3 to 4.0.5 ... and back to the first version, tried both SFTP and SCP protocols, set to both Unix and Windows environments, nothing works!!!!!!!! What's the problem? I didn't change anything and it stopped working by itself!
Advertisements
czfirefox
[View user's profile]

davidt263 wrote:
One day, I can use Winscp to log onto my iPhone no problem, add/delete files, etc. Next day, unable to login. Tried changing password from "dottie" to "alpine", upgrading from 4.0.3 to 4.0.5 ... and back to the first version, tried both SFTP and SCP protocols, set to both Unix and Windows environments, nothing works!!!!!!!! What's the problem? I didn't change anything and it stopped working by itself!
czfirefox
[View user's profile]

[quoteKWhat's the problem? I didn't change anything and it stopped working by itself![/color][/quote]
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
davidt263 wrote:

What's the error message?

I had a similar problem that crept up on my iphone (firmware 1.1.2), where I could no longer make an SSH/SFTP connection. Every time I would initiate the connection it timed out. Once every ten tries it would give me a certificate mismatch error, which I would allow, but the connection never completed.

The first thing I did was extend the timeout to one minute, which was the maximum allowed by CyberDuck FTP (I'm a Mac user). This didn't help, but I did get what appeared to be a response from the iPhone more often. Then I reset the password using Term-vt100, thinking my authentication was screwed up. This didn't help either. Then, thinking the timeout might be a cache issue, I also freed up some space on the phone. This last helped, but the connection still only completed one out of three attempts. Finally, I set the DNS and Search Domains settings of my iPhone Wi-Fi connection to exactly match my router. After making this change I again have reliable repeated connections.

So here's my theory: If you want the iPhone to perform well it's a good idea to leave some free space available for the applications to cache data -- just as you would on a desktop PC. Also, since Wi-Fi on the iPhone doesn't seem to reliably pick up DNS settings from some routers, you can stabilize the connection by putting them in manually.
~Biju

You may also want check iPhone sites. I have listed some links here
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License