Help-Ipod Touch and WinScp

Advertisement

Help-Ipod Touch and WinScp

So I have an iPod touch, and dowloaded WinScp.Put in the host name, password, username and such and went to my firewall and alowed access to Winscp. Ive downloaded openSSH on my ipod touch from installer. It STILL say network connection timed out. Does my ipod touch, have to acces wifi during the process, does it have to be connected to the computer? I use a modem computer so my PC uses the modems internet. My ipod touch uses the.. neighbours i think. Any help please?

Advertisement

UmbralEchoes

The IP address (to the outside world) that the iPod is at is actually the IP address of the cable modem (or DSL or whatever). So when you try to SSH into that IP, that request goes to cable modem and then the router, and the router doesn't know what to do with it. So on the router for whatever Internet connection the iPod Touch is using, you'll have to forward port 22 to the iPod Touch.

If you're using a neighbor's WiFi connection, you're pretty much out of luck, since you most likely won't be able to get into their router.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum