PuTTy Sessions with %5C not importable

Advertisement

PuTTy Sessions with %5C not importable

I have a huge list of putty sessions, so many so that it is difficult to manage without using a session management tool. I'm using SSC to manage the sessions and its uses \ to seperate by category/folder.

Unfortunately, winscp doesn't seem to understand these:
APACHE%5C192.168.1.1:root

Does winscp have a parsing/display problem? Would be great to see a fix for this :)

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: PuTTy Sessions with %5C not importable

WinSCP does not support caregories yet. Once it does, it will be able to import such sessions.

if the hierarchy is a long term goal, could a fix be added so %20 is just displayed as a / (or alternative) character rather than preventing it importing a session from putty?

That will allow me to use a third party app for session manager in the mean time, as I do for putty and filezilla?

:)

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

if the hierarchy is a long term goal, could a fix be added so %20 is just displayed as a / (or alternative) character rather than preventing it importing a session from putty?
I keep the / character reserved for the hierarchy implementation. That's why I do not allow importing session with the character in name. I'll try to implement hierarchy soon to avoid any workarounds/hacks.

This issue has been added to tracker.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum