Error on vista

Advertisement

yihua2000

Error on vista

Error Reading remotedriveview->indent: Access violation at address 006C333C in module "winscp.exe".Write of address 00000180.

cannot continue~~~`````

Advertisement

another guest

I`ve got the same Problem

Hello

I`m using a Vista OS! The error was on the 4.0.5 so i updated to the 4.0.6 but the problem was still exist!!

Thanks in Forward!!

ricard

Same error -> partially solved !

I've got the same problem with version 4.06 under Vista Ultimate.

WinSCP works well with new session, but not with the ones imported from my previous install.

I've solved it by simply removing the section [SshHostKeys] from the WinSCP.ini

I guess you can do the same thing from the registry if your settings are stored there.

Edit: the bad news is that the problem come back on the next startup :(

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Same error -> partially solved !

ricard wrote:

Edit: the bad news is that the problem come back on the next startup :(
So it does work if you open new session, but fails if you use stored session?

Also, can anyone try some older release of WinSCP, starting with 3.8.2?

Advertisement

ricard

martin wrote:

So it does work if you open new session, but fails if you use stored session?
Yes, it seems to be like this... But I can't really confirm that because today.... it works !! Why ? I don't know... I have made lot of reboots yesterday without any result. But today, it works fine... :?

martin wrote:

Also, can anyone try some older release of WinSCP, starting with 3.8.2?
It works too. But as far as now it's working what ever the version I use, I think this is not really useful for you...

andy_au

martin wrote:

If anyone else is having the problem, I would like to know about it.

I'm having it, but I wasn't earlier today (I don't think - it's hard to remember what programs I run because I use 3 computers at once). I'm running WinXP home edition and version 4.06 (Build 358). Only happens when I try to open a new connection when it reads the remote directory.

Tried re-installing to no avail.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

andy_au wrote:

I'm having it, but I wasn't earlier today (I don't think - it's hard to remember what programs I run because I use 3 computers at once). I'm running WinXP home edition and version 4.06 (Build 358). Only happens when I try to open a new connection when it reads the remote directory.
May I have your email address so I can send you a debug version?

andy_au

Version 3.8.2 works. If theres any information you want from me to try and flush out this bug you can e-mail me at andycasey at gmail and I'll be happy to help!

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

andy_au wrote:

Version 3.8.2 works. If theres any information you want from me to try and flush out this bug you can e-mail me at andycasey at gmail and I'll be happy to help!
Thanks. First, can you try in which version the bug appeared first? Or does your post mean that 3.8.2 was the last working version, hence the bug appeared in 4.0 beta?

andy_au

martin wrote:

andy_au wrote:

Thanks. First, can you try in which version the bug appeared first? Or does your post mean that 3.8.2 was the last working version, hence the bug appeared in 4.0 beta?

Bug appears in: 4.0 beta, 4.0.3, 4.0.4, 4.0.5 (didnt try 4.0.5 myself because was said earlier this version has the bug too), 4.0.6
Didn't try 4.0.1 or 4.0.2

3.8.2 was the last working version. I'm on MSN with the address above if you want faster responses

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Peterko wrote:

I have same trouble with version 4.06 on Vista Ultimate.
Can you provide me you email address, so I can send you a debug version of WinSCP to track the problem? If you do not want to post the address here, you can send me an email. You will find it in my forum profile (if you log in). Thanks.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

lucatruf wrote:

Same error for me, WinXP Pro SP2, WinScp 4.0.7.
Any suggestion?
I'll send you a debug version once I get home (in about a week).

Advertisement

synekvl

martin wrote:

lucatruf wrote:

Same error for me, WinXP Pro SP2, WinScp 4.0.7.
Any suggestion?
I'll send you a debug version once I get home (in about a week).

I have the same error (RemoteDriveView ...) with last WinSCP version 4.1.5 with WinXP Pro. Unfortunately one installation on desktop works very well, second one on NB has this problem. The error window appears when I choose the saved session from previous version. It worked with previous version 3 .... any idea ???

Cheers
Vladimir

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

synekvl wrote:

I have the same error (RemoteDriveView ...) with last WinSCP version 4.1.5 with WinXP Pro. Unfortunately one installation on desktop works very well, second one on NB has this problem. The error window appears when I choose the saved session from previous version. It worked with previous version 3 .... any idea ???
Can you provide me your email address, so I can send you a debug version of WinSCP to track the problem? If you do not want to post the address here, you can send me an email. You will find it (if you log in) in my forum profile. Thanks.

Medenblik

WINSCP and Vista..works with Windows XP Laptop

WINSCP has been working flawless for me with XP

I received new computer desktop and tried WINSCP 4.1.4 and the new 4.1.8 and both will not connect to SSH to my iphone

however my Windows XP laptop works with WINSCP and the desktop and laptop are both connected through same NETGEAR wireless router.

I turned off the windows firewall on my Vista desktop bit still not working

anyone have any ideas what I can do to get WINSCP to connect to my iphone through my Vista desktop?

Thanks

-Keith

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum