Listing of files via FTPS shows incorrect file dates

Advertisement

davejlip

Listing of files via FTPS shows incorrect file dates

It seems all the files listed while WinSCP is connected to an FTPS server (Sterling Integrater 6.1.2.1) show their dates as one day in the future. Logging onto the same server via SFTP with WinSCP, the dates are correct. Trying several other FTPS clients, they all show the correct dates. Using WinSCP 6.1.1 or 6.1.2.
Last edited by davejlip on 2023-10-12 14:55; edited 1 time in total

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Listing of files via FTPS shows incorrect file dates

Please attach a full session log file showing the problem (using the latest version of WinSCP).

To generate the session log file, enable logging, log in to your server and do the operation and only the operation that causes the error. Submit the log with your post as an attachment. Note that passwords and passphrases not stored in the log. You may want to remove other data you consider sensitive though, such as host names, IP addresses, account names or file names (unless they are relevant to the problem). If you do not want to post the log publicly, you can mark the attachment as private.

davejlip

Re: Listing of files via FTPS shows incorrect file dates

The log won't help. When I added a file today to a directory (on 10/12), I end the session and the log that was created for the session by WinSCP shows the directory listing with the correct date. Meanwhile, while I was actually looking at the GUI display immediately after the transfer via FTPS, it showed the file date as 10/13 (tomorrow!). I ended the first session to get the log. If I open another FTPS session, it still shows the wrong date in the GUI. The log for the second session also still shows the date correctly. After a while, I might come back and it might finally display correctly in the GUI. This happens intermittently and is hard to reproduce. Viewing the same directory with SFTP, it is always the correct date. The server is Sterling Integrator that allows looking at the same file using several different transfer protocols.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum