Uploaded files not working

Advertisement

jimmack

Uploaded files not working

I have a small script all my members in my hosting use that is contained in a file heres the problem.

If I upload the file via regular FTP it works fine but if I use WinSCP it dont but I can download it from using WnSCP and re upload it again via FTP and its ok.

I noticed that when I upload it using WinSCp it always makes the owner root this might be the problem even though I permission it to 755 it still wont work any ideas?

Jim

Advertisement

Re: Uploaded files not working

jimmack wrote:

I have a small script all my members in my hosting use that is contained in a file heres the problem.

If I upload the file via regular FTP it works fine but if I use WinSCP it dont but I can download it from using WnSCP and re upload it again via FTP and its ok.

I noticed that when I upload it using WinSCp it always makes the owner root this might be the problem even though I permission it to 755 it still wont work any ideas?

Jim

Im am set up to use SFTP and everything is working fine except like I said it seems to mess up the script for some reson I have tried to use all the settings default,binary etc...

One thing I did notice all the uploads I do are in root this may be the problem I went to try to change the ownership of the file and the areas to do so were grayed out so I could not change them.

Jim

jrynd

Anonymous wrote:

One thing I did notice all the uploads I do are in root this may be the problem I went to try to change the ownership of the file and the areas to do so were grayed out so I could not change them.

Apparently the sysadmin of the machine you're using has things misconfigured. You need to talk to your sysadmin and tell him/her to make sure that the sftp daemon is the latest version and is properly configured.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

OK, once again. What is the error message?

Advertisement

jrynd

martin wrote:

OK, once again. What is the error message?

If I understand it correctly, when he logs in with regular FTP, it has the proper owner, but when he logs in with WinSCP, any files he uploads have "root" as the owner and he can't change it.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

OK, so maybe it is problem of SFTP server (if you are using SFTP with WinSCP). Maybe you can try to switch to FTP, if security is not a concern.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum