Bring back More or Less buttons in Transfer Option Dialog

Advertisement

dan

Bring back More or Less buttons in Transfer Option Dialog

In WinSCP version 4.0.7 or lower, the file transfer option dialog box has a button for seeing more or less transfer settings. It is convenient for me to transfer files between Windows and Unix (Solaris) since I do a lot of file transfers throughout a work day. I may transfer text files one minute, but binary the next, or a combination of both in any one session. I can also change the file permissions transfering to Unix if needed.
Now the upgrade to version 4.1.6, there is no such buttons anymore. To change a file transfer setting, I have to do two clicks to get to the Custom transfer settings where I can change the file permissions and/or file mode in one place.
Can you bring back that option with the More/Less buttons in the transfer option dialog? Or make it possible to set the Custom as the default.
Thanks in advance for your response.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Bring back More or Less buttons in Transfer Option Dialog

I believe that for majority of users, the change made it more user friendly. However I understand your concern. Anyway, there are couple of shortcuts you may not have noticed:
1) You can double click the Transfer settings panel (display) to bring the custom transfer settings dialog.
2) You can configure common transfer settings presets (or use predefined text/binary presets) and easily switch between them from main window toolbar and/or copy dialog (using button or right-clicking the transfer settings panel).

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum