Connection Time out fron WinSCP on some accounts.

Advertisement

ambboston

Connection Time out fron WinSCP on some accounts.

We're running a setup using GlobalSCAPE eFTP Server 5.2

Each team member has their own login setup on the site. A user, who has been setup for some time now, with no changes to their account, is getting the error:
Host has not answered for more than 15 seconds. Still waiting.... Warning: Aborting this operation will close connection!

On any system using WinSCP he gets stuck when transfering files up to this account. When we use the same system with my account there is no error message. When I look at eFTP Server configuration, the accounts are identical. This errors every single time we try to upload on his account alone.

IS this something that can be fixed or is the best answer to remove the existing account, and re-add it as it was orginally? I would rather not remove it if I can fix it. I checked the log files for windows and there is nothing noted that would lead me to believe there is a system issue here.

Thanks for your help.

Advertisement

ambboston

All set.

Actually I worked through this yesterday, and just didn't update the ticket sorry.

The solution ended up being that the eFTP server was setup with rules to forward files that were uploaded from specifc users to an internal FTP address. The internal FTP server was off line thus this failed. When this failed the eFTP server connection was producing connection failures. The Data was still going to eFTP but the rule was causing the error.

Thanks for looking.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum