Editing remote files - adds extraneous text at bottom

Advertisement

mohanarun

Editing remote files - adds extraneous text at bottom

Editing remote php files - built-in editor adds extraneous text at the bottom while saving

I am using WinSCP 4.1.8 to edit remote php files. Whenever I edit something in the middle of any php file and the overall height of the text changes (such as pressing enter to break down a middle line into three different lines) I always find that the built-in editor has mangled up some extraneous text appended at the bottom and I have to remove them manually - this is very difficult because the extraneous text is also part of the existing code - it is frustrating every time. Please fix this in the next release.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Editing remote files - adds extraneous text at bottom

Does the problem occur directly in the editor? Or does the extra text appear only after you save the file, close the editor and reopen it again?

mohanarun

Yes, it concerns the built in editor when I use it directly to edit and save a remote file (ordinary FTP not SFTP).

The extra text appears only after I save the file and exit and it has uploaded to the server. I open it again and find all the three-four lines of extra text that has sprouted at the bottom - usually these are lines that already appear at the end of the file like </body></html> etc.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum