Last connect on top

Advertisement

Rhialto

Last connect on top

Just discovered about WinSCP from someone else suggestion and I like it!

Could it be possible to update the connection list with the most frequently or latest successfull connection to the top? I have a few on my list but I connect the same host a few times in the week and I would like it the be listed 1st in the list so I don't have to search for it in the list.

Thanks and keep the good work!

Advertisement

Rhialto

Well, call me lazy but I like when I start the application that a 'default' session is highlited and I just press enter to connect. Since the one on the top is always highlited when you start the application I always have to search the one I want to open and double-click-it. Your folder suggestion also involve having to click, unless I place all the ones I use less frequently in a separate folder and only keep the one I use the most listed at root. With only 5 sites I prefer not use folders.

Why not have a kind of quick connect just by pressing a number? This is only a suggestion so you take what you want from it.

My idea would be to add a number before each session that is sitting at the root. Have the possibility to arrange the order like we want. And by only pressing a number on the keypad it would connect that session. Example : I start WinSCP and press 1 on the keypad and I'm ready to enter the password. That is super fast and usefull. Next time I could only press 3 and I'm ready to enter the password.

Of course this would be limited to 9 (or then if you use the 0) but that's enough because it's only for session you use very often.

Thank you for reading.

Rhialto

ahhh! Ok, that should do it. I will put the one I use the most on the desktop and if I need to connect another one the I will simply start WinSCP like usual and select the one I want to connect.

Thanks

Advertisement

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum