Seperate bookmarks per connection or Bookmark folders

Advertisement

redgoose

Seperate bookmarks per connection or Bookmark folders

Our place is setup so we have multiple sites on one host. Each with differing folder structures and files.

Currently, bookmarks are saved per session/host so if I have many sites, my bookmarks will contain several bookmarks for each site.

Would it be possible to have bookmarks saved per connection? ie. have multiple connections setup all going to the same host and each with it's own bookmarks

or alternatively,

Could you include folders for bookmarks (with expand/collapse memory) so we can arrange groups of bookmarks together?

Thanks for all your hard work!

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Seperate bookmarks per connection or Bookmark folders

If you have multiple sites on one server, you can probably connect to that server using FTP/SFTP with multiple domain names, right? So if you configure your sessions to use different domains, you will have different sets of bookmarks for each session.

Also you can use location profiles, which allow grouping to folders.

redgoose

Nice, I had not seen the Location profiles folder features as I normally use Explorer view. Any chance to add Location profiles to Explorer view? :lol: I would be very satisfied with that.

As for your suggestion, no that wouldn't work in our situation. We connect to our development box using SCP and we only have one login per user and there is just a single host name used for connecting :(

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

redgoose wrote:

Nice, I had not seen the Location profiles folder features as I normally use Explorer view. Any chance to add Location profiles to Explorer view? :lol: I would be very satisfied with that.
Will check if it is possible.

Btw, another (not so nice) possibility is to use different configuration file for each of your servers.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum