Getting the following error " Copying files to remote side failed. GCGN_Guns.pbo: Append/Restart not

Advertisement

Kaweraklu

Getting the following error " Copying files to remote side failed. GCGN_Guns.pbo: Append/Restart not

Hello,

Very new to working with WinSCP. I am transferring files to a server. I did one server and it worked just fine but realized the host was located in Brazil so had to uninstall everything and change to the US. Had to create a whole new session. All files transferred just fine like before but the last mod I am transferring I get the following error. Mind you this mod worked 3 days before on the other session.
Copying files to remote side failed.
GCGN_Guns.pbo: Append/Restart not permitted, try again
I have done the following. Deleted and uninstalled WinSCP to see if that helped nope. I have done the suggested going into transfer settings and unchecking the "Preserve timestamp" that did nothing so changed it back. How can I get this file to transfer without getting that error? I have gotten it over 20 times now. I thought maybe it's just the internet going out but it is not disconnecting.

The transfer speeds also are taking a long time almost 4 hours for a 2.9GB when it takes my PC 10-15mins to download that file. I checked the FAQ's that didn't help. I do need it to be FTP.

As I said very new so will need detailed step by step help.

Thank you!

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Getting the following error " Copying files to remote side failed. GCGN_Guns.pbo: Append/Restart not

Please attach a full session log file showing the problem (using the latest version of WinSCP).

To generate the session log file, enable logging, log in to your server and do the operation and only the operation that causes the error. Submit the log with your post as an attachment. Note that passwords and passphrases not stored in the log. You may want to remove other data you consider sensitive though, such as host names, IP addresses, account names or file names (unless they are relevant to the problem). If you do not want to post the log publicly, you can mark the attachment as private.

jesenko.sokoljak

I have the same issue

At the very end of transfer I press Skip option of the popped dialog box (Abort/Retry/Skip/Skip All) and the transfer continues and finishes fully.
The issue started sometime in the beginning 2023. Remote server had no changes.
Description: xml log is empty, nothing recorded.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum