Windows reports WinSCP as "Not Responding" very frequently

Advertisement

NiteShdw

Windows reports WinSCP as "Not Responding" very frequently

I use WinSCP to connect to several FTP sites. At some point while I'm online WinSCP will always show up as "Not Responding."

I believe the issue has to do with the FTP connection being unexpectedly disconnected. I occasionally get a Reconnect dialog, but most of the time, WinSCP just grays out and I have to close it down.

Just to be clear, this happens EVERY time I use WinSCP. The only reason I continue using WinSCP is that I can't find another freeware FTP program that has all the great features of WinSCP.

I can't tell you how incredibly frustrating it is to have WinSCP constantly freezing up and being forced to restart it.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Windows reports WinSCP as "Not Responding" very frequently

I believe that this problem has been fixed already.

But anyway, can you send me an email, so I can send you back the latest development version to make sure? Please include link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have sent the email. Thanks.

You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile.

NiteShdw

I see that I'm currently running 4.1.8. It was the latest version the last that I checked.

I'll download the 4.2.1 beta.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

The fix is not released yet. It will be part of 4.2.2 and possibly 4.1.9.

If you sent me an email I can send you development to make sure the fix solves your problem.

jimaycock

Not Responding Version 5.13.7

Having this Not Responding issue on multiple computers. I cannot seem to resolve it. Can I get an update on the problem. It is now 2019.

Advertisement

gritors

Re: Not Responding Version 5.13.7

@martin: Every time I open the application, I get not responding, I have repeatedly reinstalled the application, and always get not responding. thanks

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Not Responding Version 5.13.7

@gritors: What version of WinSCP are you using?

Can you send me an email, so I can send you back a debug version of WinSCP to track the problem? Please include link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have sent the email. Thanks.

You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile.

kjjmiles@hotmail.com

WinSCP not responding

I am on Windows 10, and WinSCP build 6.1.1. Every 60 seconds, it seems, WinSCP stops responding even when I am not transferring files. I tried an other SCP client and it would stop responding at the same time as WinSCP. It makes it very difficult to move large files since it doubles the transfer times.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: WinSCP not responding

@kjjmiles: Thanks for your report.
I have sent you an email with a debug version of WinSCP to the address you have used to register on this forum.

What other SCP client did you try?

jahadley317

WinSCP 6.1.2 Not Responding

I am getting a "Not Responding" message every time I open the software. I am unable to connect to my remote server, as the software never responds. It was working perfectly until around a month ago and just stopped suddenly.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: WinSCP 6.1.2 Not Responding

@jahadley317: Thanks for your report.
I have sent you an email with a debug version of WinSCP to the address you have used to register on this forum.

Advertisement

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum