Small issues...

Advertisement

Small issues...

Great program... just a couple of comments:

1) You can't easily drag files into a folder on a site that has loads of folders in it without first scrolling down so that the folders are "out of of the way". I.e., it insists on wanting to drag the file into one of the existing folders. It would be nice to be able to drag a file to the right blank area without it insisting the file should go int one of the folders.

2) A "Save as" would be nice in the editor

3) Can't seem to eliminate the ^M's that are appended to ends of lines when displayed in Linux environments. I've tried setting it to "binary" mode for all transfers (per another thread), and that didn't fix it. Any ideas?

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Small issues...

Anonymous wrote:

1) You can't easily drag files into a folder on a site that has loads of folders in it without first scrolling down so that the folders are "out of of the way". I.e., it insists on wanting to drag the file into one of the existing folders. It would be nice to be able to drag a file to the right blank area without it insisting the file should go int one of the folders.
Can you be more specifiec as to where do you drop files? As long as you drop them out of a directory row (i.e. below directories or right to them), WinSCP should upload to the current directory. So first, do you use Explorer or Commander interface? Do you drop to file list or directory tree? If in Explorer interface, what view style do you use?

This request has been added to tracker.

3) Can't seem to eliminate the ^M's that are appended to ends of lines when displayed in Linux environments. I've tried setting it to "binary" mode for all transfers (per another thread), and that didn't fix it. Any ideas?
Do you mean that you cannot drop ^M when uploading the files? You should use text/ascii mode for that. Please read documentation (see note about uploading from editor). What protocol are you using?

Can you be more specifiec as to where do you drop files? As long as you drop them out of a directory row (i.e. below directories or right to them), WinSCP should upload to the current directory. So first, do you use Explorer or Commander interface? Do you drop to file list or directory tree? If in Explorer interface, what view style do you use?

I believe it's the Explorer (side-by-side) interface, with or without directory tree. When you drag a file into the window, it automatically highlights the entire line you're hovering over, regardless of where you are hovering horizontally on the line. Releasing the left mouse button will place the file into the subfolder that's on that line. So as far as I can tell, in order to drop a file into the current folder, it has to be below all subfolders in the list (which isn't conventional Windows GUI behavior, which lets you drag to the right of folders as valid "draggable space" into the current folder). This is inconvenient if you have a lot of copying to do in a folder that contains a lot of subfolders. Because after you drag a file over (after having scrolled below the subfolders to currently draggable territory), the program refreshes the visible window contents back to the top, where all the subfolders are, and in order to copy more files over, you have to again scroll down below all the subfolders.

This request has been added to tracker.
[/quote]

Great :)

Do you mean that you cannot drop ^M when uploading the files? You should use text/ascii mode for that. Please read documentation (see note about uploading from editor). What protocol are you using?

Right, I guess the editor is including ^M's at the end of every line, and I want them to be removed. I'm using regular FTP. Is there a setting somewhere to remove them?

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Anonymous wrote:

I believe it's the Explorer (side-by-side) interface, with or without directory tree. When you drag a file into the window, it automatically highlights the entire line you're hovering over, regardless of where you are hovering horizontally on the line. Releasing the left mouse button will place the file into the subfolder that's on that line. So as far as I can tell, in order to drop a file into the current folder, it has to be below all subfolders in the list (which isn't conventional Windows GUI behavior, which lets you drag to the right of folders as valid "draggable space" into the current folder). This is inconvenient if you have a lot of copying to do in a folder that contains a lot of subfolders. Because after you drag a file over (after having scrolled below the subfolders to currently draggable territory), the program refreshes the visible window contents back to the top, where all the subfolders are, and in order to copy more files over, you have to again scroll down below all the subfolders.
Side-by-side in Commander (In Explorer interface, only file name is highlighted). In Commander interface by default whole row is highlighted. You can change this in preferences. Or you can drag file right to the rightmost column.

Right, I guess the editor is including ^M's at the end of every line, and I want them to be removed. I'm using regular FTP. Is there a setting somewhere to remove them?
Yes, enable text/ascii mode, see my previous post.

martin wrote:

Anonymous wrote:

Side-by-side in Commander (In Explorer interface, only file name is highlighted). In Commander interface by default whole row is highlighted. You can change this in preferences. Or you can drag file right to the rightmost column.
Ah, OK. Thanks for the info.

Yes, enable text/ascii mode, see my previous post.

OK, but I believe I've tried that and it's still appending ^M's. In the link you refer to above, it says "Note that text mode is always forced for internal editor" anyway(?)

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Anonymous wrote:

OK, but I believe I've tried that and it's still appending ^M's. In the link you refer to above, it says "Note that text mode is always forced for internal editor" anyway(?)
So are you using internal editor? Can you post a log file? What FTP server are you using?

martin wrote:

Anonymous wrote:

So are you using internal editor? Can you post a log file? What FTP server are you using?

Yes, internal editor. Using just an in-house Linux-based ftp server. I tried making a log file, but it doesn't seem to be recording the action of editing a file and saving it(?)

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Yes, internal editor. Using just an in-house Linux-based ftp server. I tried making a log file, but it doesn't seem to be recording the action of editing a file and saving it(?)
No it does not. But it shows the upload. This is what I'm after.

martin wrote:

No it does not. But it shows the upload. This is what I'm after.

For whatever reason, it doesn't record the upload for me.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Do you edit remote file directly of the remote panel? Or do you edit local file, uploading it manually after saving?

martin wrote:

Do you edit remote file directly of the remote panel? Or do you edit local file, uploading it manually after saving?

I highlight a file on the remote server and hit F4 to launch the internal editor, make edits, then save from within it.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

I highlight a file on the remote server and hit F4 to launch the internal editor, make edits, then save from within it.
Sorry, it does not make any sense. It simply does record the upload. Please try again. Post the log file even if you do not see upload recorded.

martin wrote:

Sorry, it does not make any sense. It simply does record the upload. Please try again. Post the log file even if you do not see upload recorded.

OK, it seems to be working. Don't quite know what the problem was before. Anyhow, the log file is like 50MB. Is there any way to scale it back a bit? Do you want debug level 1 or 2, and where should I upload it?

Advertisement

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum