How I can connect with ROOT

Advertisement

enrique

How I can connect with ROOT

I want to know, How I can to use the ROOT access, because i'm using my primary user and password, but I don't know how I can to use my admin/root acceses...

Advertisement

mattgick

Re: How I can connect with ROOT

enrique wrote:

I want to know, How I can to use the ROOT access, because i'm using my primary user and password, but I don't know how I can to use my admin/root acceses...

seems like you are trying to get into your box thru ssh, normally you would enter as a regular users and the 'su' to root... but with winscp you can't just 'su' so you need to open up root ssh access on your box.

this is most likely in /etc/ssh/sshd_config.conf or something... there is an option that you need to enable "AllowRootAccess yes" which is no by default.

then restart your sshd (reboot your box or do it from console)

Hope this solves your problem

mattgick wrote:

enrique wrote:

seems like you are trying to get into your box thru ssh, normally you would enter as a regular users and the 'su' to root... but with winscp you can't just 'su' so you need to open up root ssh access on your box.

this is most likely in /etc/ssh/sshd_config.conf or something... there is an option that you need to enable "AllowRootAccess yes" which is no by default.

then restart your sshd (reboot your box or do it from console)

Hope this solves your problem

Hello, I Need help to conect to winscp as "SU" or ROOT, But I don't know How I can to put the username, or How I can to acces by su ??????????

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Anonymous wrote:

Hello, I Need help to conect to winscp as "SU"
Usually you cannot SU with SCP nor SFTP.

Advertisement

Enrique,
Could be that you have root in /etc/ftpusers. This will preven root access via ftp.

Cheers

Neil.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum