WinSCP failing 99% Complete on Large Downloads?

Advertisement

albert

WinSCP failing 99% Complete on Large Downloads?

Doing a FTP transfer from Windows Server 2003 running WinSCP to a FTP site on a large file and it get's 99% complete and then fails and starts over. Should this work?

Advertisement

albert

Re: WinSCP failing 99% Complete on Large Downloads?

Here is a link to the log file. This was one large ftp transfer of a file 70gigs. It disconnected when 75% complete, I reconnected it continued until 99% complete and then stopped and restarted the download.

<invalid hyperlink removed by admin>

Thanks, Al

martin wrote:

I have sent you a debug version.
I am using 4.1.9 on a Windows server 2003 server. When copying a 1.26g file to a remote server, it gets to ~1.12g and 99% complete then asks me to login again. When I do, it starts the transfer over. When the second attempt completes it has transferred a much smaller (size differs per attempt) file. I have repeated this 4 times now with the same behavior. Any suggestions?

Advertisement

Anonymous wrote:

I am using 4.1.9 on a Windows server 2003 server. When copying a 1.26g file to a remote server, it gets to ~1.12g and 99% complete then asks me to login again. When I do, it starts the transfer over. When the second attempt completes it has transferred a much smaller (size differs per attempt) file. I have repeated this 4 times now with the same behavior. Any suggestions?
I forgot to include: this is using FTP and Norton Commander style

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Anonymous wrote:

What if your FTP server?

jkramer

This happens during SFTP uploads

This seems to ALMOST always happen during LARGE sftp uploads. It happens on 3 of our servers that use SFTP.

I have been seeing this a lot, and cannot use it to upload large files to our servers anymore. I am being forced to use SmartFTP for the moment, although I'd rather continue using WinSCP as it is much better in many regards to SmartFTP, for our purposes. If you need more data, I can help. Let me know. I'd really like to know if/when this bug is fixed, and would love to try out bugfix attempts at this. It seems to be pretty pervasive when uploading large files. Always during upload, seems to be always during SFTP uploads.

Jay Kramer

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: This happens during SFTP uploads

jkramer wrote:

This seems to ALMOST always happen during LARGE sftp uploads. It happens on 3 of our servers that use SFTP.

I have been seeing this a lot, and cannot use it to upload large files to our servers anymore. I am being forced to use SmartFTP for the moment, although I'd rather continue using WinSCP as it is much better in many regards to SmartFTP, for our purposes. If you need more data, I can help. Let me know. I'd really like to know if/when this bug is fixed, and would love to try out bugfix attempts at this. It seems to be pretty pervasive when uploading large files. Always during upload, seems to be always during SFTP uploads.
This post is about FTP. So this is different problem. I will send you a debug version soon.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum