WinSCP 4.1.7 | 'please insert disk' error

Advertisement

cooch17

WinSCP 4.1.7 | 'please insert disk' error

Running WinSCP (4.1.7, latest build) under Win XP (SP3). As of this morning, when I try to access a site, I'm told that there is no disk in Drive D: (on my machine, the DVD drive), and that I should insert a disk. If I hit cancel or continue a few times, I bypass the error message, and see the site fine.

But, I'm not sure why I should get the error in the first place - I've tried putting a DVD in the drive, and as expected, I don't get the error message. But, doing this once, re-starting WinSCP without the disk in the drive, doesn't prevent the error message from showing up the next time.

While not a fatal error, it is nonetheless annoying.

Suggestions? I've tried going through all the settings I can find (even in the registry), with no obvious clues.

Advertisement

cooch17

Re: WinSCP 4.1.7 | 'please insert disk' error

martin wrote:

Thanks for your post. I will send you a debug version soon.

Actually, I just 'solved' the problem by brute force: uninstalled WinSCP, restarted computer, re-installed, re-created session profiles, and...all is well.

MT

Solution to the 'please insert disk' problem

Today I fell into same problem but I think I have found the solution.

Solution: Remove CD from your CD drive and restart your computer. (That's all :D )

Problem with 'please insert disk' messages appears only if CD is in drive during computer boot sequence (at least on my computer - I tried this twice to be sure). If CD is inserted later, no problem (no error message) appears.

Maybe this can be handled by WinSCP, maybe it's a matter of Windows. Anyway, user can solve it very easily.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum