Rsync

Advertisement

Andrew

Rsync

Maybe an option for use of rsync over ssh (rsync -e ssh) for transfers. This would solve the resume transfer problem and it would significantly improve speed.

-Andrew
acrum@pherret.com

Advertisement

nullbyte

Re: Rsync

martin wrote:

I don't plan to implement rsync, sorry :(
13 years later, are there any plans to support rsync transfers?

My connection is terrible and I need to upload as few bytes as possible so rsync's partial/delta uploads would be great for this.

If not, can you please recommend any other software which might help do this for me?

Thank you.

kitchin

Re: Rsync

nullbyte wrote:

martin wrote:

I don't plan to implement rsync, sorry :(
13 years later, are there any plans to support rsync transfers?

My connection is terrible and I need to upload as few bytes as possible so rsync's partial/delta uploads would be great for this.

If not, can you please recommend any other software which might help do this for me?

Thank you.

Have you tried
cwrsync
? I have not. I hoped to find rsync in
UnxUtils
or
gow
which is (Ithink) a superset of UnxUtils. But those project do not include rsync.

The
cwrsync
project claims to be open source, and has a free version. Its Win32 binary links against cygwin libraries rather than requiring all of cygwin, by the way. <invalid hyperlink removed by admin>

I use UnxUtils only so I cannot give you a clear recommendation.

Advertisement

gclaborn

rsync

If it could be used in "Custom Commands" that would be super helpful... or if you could make a few options in custom commands that will allow "prep commands" and xargs into normal scp transfer that would be a second, workable option.

scp doesn't have enough filtering options. if we can supply an xargs list then we can overcome that. it wouldn't take much to make a /tmp/winscp/!N/[CommandName]_[timestamp].xrg where a list of paths will go and then subsequently be fed into scp by xargs. if this is possible features such as resume and symlink traversal options become possible. with enough && this will work as a default "Custom Command" in winscp. for example, /tmp/winscp/!N/[CommandName]_[timestamp].xrg.prog could contain lines processed. Progress is then

number of lines in (1 - (number of lines in /tmp/winscp/!N/[CommandName]_[timestamp].xrg.prog) divided by (number of lines in /tmp/winscp/!N/[CommandName]_[timestamp].xrg.prog) ) * 100

where !N is the session name or other unique id

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: rsync

gclaborn wrote:

If it could be used in "Custom Commands" that would be super helpful... or if you could make a few options in custom commands that will allow "prep commands" and xargs into normal scp transfer that would be a second, workable option.
Thanks for your suggestion.
Will see if more people ask for this.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum