What is Support Policy for WinSCP?

Advertisement

Angela Edwards

What is Support Policy for WinSCP?

Do you have a set support policy? Specifically, I need to know when available support will run out for WinSCP 4.0?

Looking forward to your response!

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: What is Support Policy for WinSCP?

WinSCP is free open source application. So support is based on best-effort basis, obviously with no guarantees.

Angela Edwards

Can You Be More Specific About Support ?

I'm not sure I know what you mean by 'best-effort basis' as regards the support available for WinSCP 4. Are patches available for this version of the software? Is there a support call center? Is it simply a matter of the developer requiring assistance looking up or posting his concern on the support forum? Will there be a time when such questions will no longer be fielded for WinSCP 4; (i.e., will there be a defnitive End-Of-Support-Life (EOSL) for the application?) Hope to hear from you soon!

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Can You Be More Specific About Support ?

Angela Edwards wrote:

Are patches available for this version of the software?
You can check version history.

Is there a support call center?
No.

Is it simply a matter of the developer requiring assistance looking up or posting his concern on the support forum?
Yes.

Will there be a time when such questions will no longer be fielded for WinSCP 4; (i.e., will there be a defnitive End-Of-Support-Life (EOSL) for the application?)
Not planned.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum