WinSCP does not transfer on background for Temporary Folder

Advertisement

xiata

WinSCP does not transfer on background for Temporary Folder

According to all the documentation I have found on your website, when using drag and drop, WinSCP when configured properly should be able to copy from ftp to my system without blocking the WinSCP application with the Copy... dialog. This is NOT what 4.2.5 is doing.

GUI Style: Explorer
Toolbars: Address, Standard buttons
Other options: No Tree, no statusbar.

Preferences:
- Interface: Unchecked all confirms, checked balloon notification.
- Transfer, Drag&Drop: Allow moving, Use temporary folder, no warnings.
- Transfer, Background: Max: 2, Transfer on background, Transfer each file individually, No confirmations for background, remember password of main session, hide queue list when empty.

What I set out to do:
- Configure WinSCP to background transfer all files by default.
- Enable drag and drop using temporary folder (I don't like the shell extension)

What I got: If i right click a folder and hit Copy... it does what it's supposed to do. Uses the queue and transfers the files with no dialogs appearing.
If I drag the same folder to my desktop, a Copy... modal dialog appears (with only a minimize option). This should NOT happen. It should transfer to my desktop using the temporary folder via the queue.

Windows 7 Professional x64 (7600)
WinSCP 4.2.5 build 624
FTP Server: FileZilla 0.9.33 beta

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: WinSCP does not transfer on background for Temporary Folder

Thanks for your post. This is by design. You cannot use background transfers when downloading files using drag&drop to another application in temporary folder download mode. I have added this limitation to documentation.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum