Syncing passwords with other machines - hit a snag

Advertisement

ashembers

Syncing passwords with other machines - hit a snag

Hello and thanks for a truly fine piece of work!

At my company, I add new remote clients every so often to our server and have a batch file that copies Winscp3.ini off to my coworkers machines to that they may tap into our remote clients areas and work with them as soon as I am set up & run the batch file. It all works nicely.

I run into a problem when I want to copy the ini file to a laptop. For a laptop to work, I have to 'massage' the winscp3.ini file, and change the hostname & port from something accessible behind our firewall (e.g., host port 21) to a hostname and port accessible from the internet (e.g., host.domain.com port 22). But when I do this, and copy the ini file to a laptop, I lose all my saved passwords. Everything else transfers fine, but how may we convert the passwords properly so that this may be automated?

Thanks,
Ash

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Syncing passwords with other machines - hit a snag

You may load the session on source computer, change the username/hostname and save the session back (under different name). Only after this transfer your INI file.

ashembers

Re: Syncing passwords with other machines - hit a snag

martin wrote:

You may load the session on source computer, change the username/hostname and save the session back (under different name). Only after this transfer your INI file.

I forgot to mention - that idea worked very well. Seems simple enough - I could have thought of that - given some extra time and a beer or two!

Thanks for your help!
Ash

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum