Scripting Large file over threshold, avoid timeout

Advertisement

JDouglas

Scripting Large file over threshold, avoid timeout

I am calling this script listed below from a batch file. My file I need to sftp is large and over the threshold allowed. The file size is 1.05 MB (1,105,019 bytes) and will increase some in the future.
I can sftp the file if I log in manually and save the settings changing
  1. Server response timeout from 15 seconds to 45 seconds
  2. I also must adjust one more setting to Disable for Endurance under Transfer under advance settings.
Also, one more thing. Here is the error I get because it added more to the name of the file.
8/4/2010 @ 7:37:14
File Arrived from Username
File Type : ART
File Name length greater than 16 : BIGDAILY.CSV.FILEPART
Job Aborted
I think the -timeout=45 may be okay in my script? But I still am getting the file renamed with .filepart on the end. Then the filename is incorrect that I need to send to the other server.

Does anyone script and sftp a very large file and have a suggestion as to what I might be doing wrong?
I need to avoid this rename of the file and then not timeout when doing the put
open sftp://username:password@sftp.servername.com:23 -timeout=45
cd /TotheRightDirectory
ls
binary
put \\path\pathnext\TransmitFiles\AR*.CSV
ls
close
exit
From the batch file I use this command, so maybe I need to add something here?
winscp.exe /console /command "option batch on" "option confirm off" /script="\\PATH\ANOTHERFolder\mput.SCR" /
Thanks very much.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Scripting Large file over threshold, avoid timeout

Do I understand right that the .filepart suffix does not get removed once the upload finishes?

JDouglas

I find this when searching your site for ENDURANCE.
You may also need to disable the feature altogether, particularly if you do not have permissions required (e.g. permissions to create a new file in target directory).

I think this is true. I do not have permissions to create this new file with .filepart on the end in the receiving folder, so I need to disable this with a command.

I get an error message from the receiver of my large file indicating they are seeing this extra extension on the end of the file name and just stopping it right then.

So, if it did finish, it might rename it back to the correct name, but apparently the receiving end is not giving it a chance.

Also, since necessity is the mother of invention, I asked permission to send two files of 510 kib , thinking this might be small enough to get through, but that also tried to rename the file with the .filepart on the end.

Here is the error.
8/6/2010 @ 19:52:1
File Arrived from our user name
File Name length greater than 16 : ARBIGDAILY1.CSV.FILEPART
Job Aborted

8/9/2010 @ 7:36:58
File Arrived from our user name
File Name length greater than 16 : ARBIGDAILY1.CSV.FILEPART
Job Aborted
Last edited by JDouglas on 2010-08-10 21:13; edited 2 times in total

I wonder if there is a command I need to add to my script to set this setting

Transfer > Endurance > Enable transfer resume/transfer to temporary file name for:
Set do Disable.

Is this what is allowing me to copy the files when I sign on manually?

Advertisement

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum