Where does WinSCP store a downloaded certificate ?

Advertisement

Michael Pine

Where does WinSCP store a downloaded certificate ?

Is it possible to view the certificate that it downloads it and even convert it into a .pem format?

Thanks
Michael Pine

Advertisement

kylemwhite

It says that it's going to store a certificate.

Using WebDAV, I got a dialog warning
The server's certificate is not known. You have no guarantee that the server is the computer you think it is.
With options stating,
If you trust this certificate, press Yes. To connect without storing certificate, press No. To abandon the connection press Cancel.
Continue connecting and store the certificate?
Which seems to imply that WinSCP is going to store the certificate. So, where is it stored?
I pressed 'Yes' and the connection now works but I have a program using the dll that needs the same certificate. How does it access the certificate?
Thanks.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: It says that it's going to store a certificate.

kylemwhite wrote:

Which seems to imply that WinSCP is going to store the certificate.
WinSCP does store only a fingerprint of the certificate.

I pressed 'Yes' and the connection now works but I have a program using the dll that needs the same certificate. How does it access the certificate?
Thanks.
Have WinSCP GUI generate a code template for you:
https://winscp.net/eng/docs/ui_generateurl#code

kylemwhite

Re: It says that it's going to store a certificate.

Thanks. That lead me to figuring it out. For others who just want the answer, I think it's this:
The certificate is NOT stored. However, the fingerprint of the certificate IS stored in the winscp.ini file under [HttpsCertificates]. If you need to connect using the WinSCPnet.dll, then use the SshHostKeyFingerprint property of the session object to specify the fingerprint.

Advertisement

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum