Better handling of missing local directory on login?

Advertisement

Pathduck
Donor
Pathduck avatar

Better handling of missing local directory on login?

I think with the latest version, but maybe it's been there before, WinSCP gives an error on login if the local directory of the site definition is missing.

For instance, I used to have w: as a home directory but on my new machine I have the standard path, and all my sites now have this mapped.

I know I can use the batchsettings to change the directory for all sites, but it would be good if WinSCP handled this exception without throwing an error like this, and just would fall back to the default directory, which I think is Documents.

Advertisement

Pathduck
Donor
Pathduck avatar

Thanks Martin - it seems to work, it falls back to the "current" directory locally if the saved dir doesn't exist.

However - it also does not seem to change to an *existing* dir if it does exist as well, which is probably not what is intended?

Not sure if this is caused by networked drives, and/or with trailing slash. I've tried the different ways, like f: and f:\ and also C:\Users\username\bin and even if they exist, they are not changed to.

Pathduck
Donor
Pathduck avatar

I think maybe some kind of caching is involved? Because I see different results whether it's the first connection on WinSCP start or later. For the first start it does change directory, second time (without closing WinSCP) it doesn't work.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

I still cannot reproduce it.

The second time: Are you opening a second connection to the same site? Or do you the first connection before opening the second one? Anyway, both work for me. I'd need step-by-step instructions. Thanks.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum