Topic "Trouble starting the application on Windows 7"

dupds

Hi, good morning!

Im trying to install the new version of WinSCP in Windows 7 and I'm getting the folling error:

"The program could not be started correctly(0xc0000005).
Type OK to close the application"

And I cant start it.

Version: 4.2.8.818 and olders
SO: Windows 7

Is the WinSCP compatible with Win7?

Thanks,

Eduardo
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
It is compatible with Windows 7.

Can you send me an email, so I can send you back a debug version of WinSCP to track the problem? Please include link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have sent the email. Thanks.

You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile.

Hi,

I tried today to install it on my Windows 7 machine and got the exact same error message when trying to start the program. This message appears after install when trying to start the program and also when starting the uninstall. Portable version also gives that message.

I'm working on Windows 7 as an ordinary user and when installing applications I run them as administrator and UAC asks me to type my local administrator username and password. Dunno if this has an impact on the error.

kr
dupds

prikryl wrote:
It is compatible with Windows 7.

Can you send me an email, so I can send you back a debug version of WinSCP to track the problem? Please include link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have sent the email. Thanks.

I've just sent the email...

Thanks,

I have the same error when running or installing on windows 7. I have tried the install and the stand alone executable. I have tried running both in compatibility mode.
Monty

I am getting the same problem does anyobe know if this has been sorted out yet
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Monty wrote:
I am getting the same problem does anyobe know if this has been sorted out yet

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License