Double-click file to upload, marquee select, selection view

Advertisement

sengstack

Double-click file to upload, marquee select, selection view

I switched from FileZilla to WinSCP because the college I teach at changed its servers over the summer and now requires teachers to use Secure SSH that can accept a new SSH host key. FileZilla can't do that.

I like WinSCP but it does not have the full ease-of-use of FileZilla. It would be great if you added three features WinSCP:

1) Double-click a file to upload it (instead of opening it).
2) When clicking on a file or folder to select it, instead of a barely visible dotted line appearing around it, highlight it with a solid, transparent gray box, just as it would be highlighted in Windows Explorer or any other Explorer-like dialog box.
NOTE: This might be a bug in WinSCP. If I select more than one file by Ctrl-clicking or Shift-clicking, the Gray box appears. But when I click on another file, that does not de-select the previous selection.
3) Marquee selecting, as in Windows Explorer. That is, click and drag to draw a rectangular marquee around files to select a group of files/folders.

Thank you,

Jeff Sengstack

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Double-click file to upload, marquee select, selection view

sengstack wrote:

1) Double-click a file to upload it (instead of opening it).
Please read documentation.

2) When clicking on a file or folder to select it, instead of a barely visible dotted line appearing around it, highlight it with a solid, transparent gray box, just as it would be highlighted in Windows Explorer or any other Explorer-like dialog box.
NOTE: This might be a bug in WinSCP. If I select more than one file by Ctrl-clicking or Shift-clicking, the Gray box appears. But when I click on another file, that does not de-select the previous selection.
3) Marquee selecting, as in Windows Explorer. That is, click and drag to draw a rectangular marquee around files to select a group of files/folders.
Please read documentation.

If that does not help, come back.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum