Topic "bug in setup when trying to install Uniblue RegistryBooster"

ptepper

Running setup (winscp430setup.exe) for version 4.3.0 beta Build 1029, tries to ask if I want Uniblue RegistryBooster, but there's no info other than the 2 radio buttons.

Here's a screenshot.

This is definitely a bug. I assume the first radio button is yes and the second no.

Or better yet, remove the bloatware altogether.
Advertisements
sbarth

I too encountered this bug. Confirming @ptepper assumption was correct. The 2nd option did not appear to install the additional software.

Thanks!
DiggieOC
[View user's profile]

Hi ptepper, sbarth,

I work at OpenCandy and I'm researching this issue. If you can reproduce this issue, i.e. it wasn't a one in a million occurrence, and you're willing to help us track the problem down we'd love to thank you with a free OC T-shirt. You can get in touch with me at diggie [at] opencandy (dotcom) and I can send you some instructions that will probably take 5-10 minutes to follow. It would not involve you sending any private information.

Tip: In the meantime, don't accept the offer so you can continued to be offered it in future.

Thanks in advance, and sorry for these difficulties!

- Al
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
The issue got resolved by OpenCandy on server-side. Please report if the proplem repeats.
Site Admin
Also this software is going to be removed from recommendation list.

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License