Higher maximal number of transfers....

Advertisement

jefe
Donor

Higher maximal number of transfers....

I'd like to see more than the current 9 transfers available at the same time. Possibly 16?

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Unfortunatelly simply raising the limit makes WinSCP quite instable. So it would require non trivial changes.

jefe
Donor

Thanks for the prompt reply Martin. I would definitely prefer stability over more connections.

Maybe a way to increase the number of connections will become possible in the future. If not...so be it.

dlucre

I don't understand this

I can force WinSCP to run 20+ simultaneous SFTP connections without issue by manually starting each file in the queue. The result is a very good bump in throughput and never any issues in stability.
Can you put in a registry key or something that allows us to change the maximum value from 9 to whatever we want it to be? Or a UI warning that pops up when you try to go over 9, but still allows it anyway?

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: I don't understand this

@dlucre: Can you send me an email, so I can send you back a development version of WinSCP for testing? Please include link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have sent the email. Thanks.

You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile.

Advertisement

Araiye
Donor

I know this thread is like 4 years old but would I be able to get a development version that allows me to do more than 9 as well?

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

@Araiye: Please give me few days to prepare such build.

mbs

You can hack the number with CheatEngine. I run 128 connections without issues, in order to get higher throughput. 9 is definitely way too low...

Advertisement

throwaway6

Can I please have this development build sent to my registration email as well?

jeebo

I would love to have a look at the development build, especially if I can boost the concurrent transfers over 9.

quadrajet

Developer Build

I'd love to have a copy of the Developer build as well. I love the program but don't tend to use it because of the download speeds. If that allows me to increase the connections above 9 that would be awesome!

Advertisement

Brago

Oh, I would love to have a copy of that version as well if possible.

Thanks

H3draut3r

Request for > 9 Transactions

Would like to request the 10+ Transaction-version, too.
Currently aiming at a move, which involves transferring ~2 million files to another machine 😏 and at 9 files at once with at least ~1 sec for a connect.... well, that will take a bit 😉

PS: maybe add a new subsection in the options called "Experimental", which allows users to test/enable stuff, but at cost of 'crash'/'lower performance'/'not working'😜

Advertisement

Advertisement

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies