Send To and Property Window

Advertisement

adem

Send To and Property Window

Hi,

WinSCP is an incredibly useful tool; it has saved me so much headache and typing. Thank you for creating it.

I have a feature request: Windows Power Tools has these two really useful extensions (i.e. menu items in the context menu popup).

a) 'Send To Clipboard As Name'
Using this, you can copy the full path information about the file(s) or folder(s) to clipboard. It saves a lot of (mis)typing.

b) 'Send To Clipboard As Contents'
Using this, you can send the contents of any file to clipboard so that you can paste it to something else.

While the latter is also useful, the former one is most useful. Could you please add a similar functionality to WinSCP so that we can simply point to file or folder (in the remote pane) and with the popup menu get its full path information in the clipboard.

Similarly, could you change the fields in the Property window from label to static text (or read-only text) so that we can simply copy from there too.

Thank you, again.

Cheers,
Adem

Advertisement

Re: Send To and Property Window

martin wrote:

Good idea, thanks. I'll implement it.

Thank you. It will be great.

While on the subject, can you also do the same for those little caption headers on each pane --I mean, where it displays windows path (on the left) and *nix path on the right; could you also turn them into user-selectable text for copy&paste.

Thank you again.

Cheers,
Adem

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Send To and Property Window

ciTtBdohrJ4= wrote:

While on the subject, can you also do the same for those little caption headers on each pane --I mean, where it displays windows path (on the left) and *nix path on the right; could you also turn them into user-selectable text for copy&paste.
These controls as well as those on file Properties dialog has ability to shorten the path (using /.../), when it does not fit. The edit box does not have the ability. That's why I do not want to change it to edit. However I'll add the option to copy path to clipboard to the respective right-click menu.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum