Last modfied file time does not get.

Advertisement

Ahsan

Last modfied file time does not get.

Hi,

I am writing a SFTP service. I browse the server directory and receive file structure in a log file, using ls command, to extract last modified file date time. When I look into log file, only receive last modified date. I do not receive any last modified file time.

Can you please tell me why I do not get file modified time????
Here is my log file
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<session xmlns="https://winscp.net/schema/session/1.0" name="Ahsan@127.0.0.1" start="2011-03-17T14:28:59.076Z">
<ls>
<destination value="/" />
<files>
<file>
<filename value=".." />
<type value="D" />
<modification value="1899-12-30T00:00:00.000Z" />
<permissions value="---------" />
</file>
<file>
<filename value="fwis.xml" />
<type value="-" />
<size value="49152" />
<modification value="2011-02-08T00:00:00.000Z" />
<permissions value="r--r--r--" />
</file>
</files>
<result success="true" />
</ls>
</session>

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Last modfied file time does not get.

WinSCP reports what it gets from the server. Are you able to see time in directory listing of any other SFTP client?

I am testing my application and using FileZilla Server as Server. I checked my server path file and file is displaying timestamp as well. But, When I check log then there is no timestamp.

Is it possible to make a commad thats returs last modified date time of a file? The reason is, I have to get log file first and close the connection, check either last modified file is changed or not. If it is changed then connect again and download the file.

martin wrote:

WinSCP reports what it gets from the server. Are you able to see time in directory listing of any other SFTP client?

Ahsan

It was not WinSCP issue. It was fileZilla server issue. It is not giving timestamp to Winscp. But, Can you please add a command that returns last modified datetime?

Anonymous wrote:

I am testing my application and using FileZilla Server as Server. I checked my server path file and file is displaying timestamp as well. But, When I check log then there is no timestamp.

Is it possible to make a commad thats returs last modified date time of a file? The reason is, I have to get log file first and close the connection, check either last modified file is changed or not. If it is changed then connect again and download the file.

martin wrote:

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum