winscp 4.3.2 causes blue screen when getting long file names

Advertisement

winscp 4.3.2 causes blue screen when getting long file names

Running Windows 7 Professional x64, WinSCP 4.3.2, doing SFTP (protocol version 5), commander interface.

Connecting to a remote linux server via WebVPN. Trying to copy a couple of files from the remote server to the local machine. Both files have long filenames, 36 or 37 characters long, e.g. "businesscredit_import_20110301_10.log". Drag to copy either one to the local machine, consistently results in a blue screen and machine crash.

If I first rename them to shorter names, e.g., "bc_20110301_10.log", then they copy without error.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: winscp 4.3.2 causes blue screen when getting long file names

Can you send me an email, so I can send you back a debug version of WinSCP to track the problem? Please include link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have sent the email. Thanks.

You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile.

martin wrote:

Can you send me an email, so I can send you back a debug version of WinSCP to track the problem? Please include link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have sent the email. Thanks.

Okay, registered now, email sent as requested. Thanks.

swag

Anonymous wrote:

martin wrote:

Okay, registered now, email sent as requested. Thanks.

Wasn't logged in, am now, sorry.

tusharagl

Hi think there is an issue with longer path... could also be with special characters in file name e.g. underscore

tusharagl

Hi think there is an issue with longer path... could also be with special characters in file name e.g. underscore

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum