BUG: WinSCP deletes files on remote FTP server itself

Advertisement

artem

BUG: WinSCP deletes files on remote FTP server itself

WinSCP 4.0.6 (build 358) deletes files on remote FTP server when user selects "Move" but halts download.
After that on user's machine there is only part of the file and it is deleted on remote FTP.
Very tough bug. I loosed couple of my files this way :((

Advertisement

sh100

What can I do if this bug is fixed but I still get errors

I have WinSCP 4.1.6 (Build 412). I have same issue as discribed above, files on remote server gets deleted if I gave save command and connection got disconnected.
In forum it says bug is been fixed so do I need to do anything? download anything/ change any settings to not get this problem with connection.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: What can I do if this bug is fixed but I still get errors

sh100 wrote:

I have WinSCP 4.1.6 (Build 412). I have same issue as discribed above, files on remote server gets deleted if I gave save command and connection got disconnected.
In forum it says bug is been fixed so do I need to do anything? download anything/ change any settings to not get this problem with connection.
Please post a log file showing the problem.

mro

winscp IS STILL DELETING FILES BY ITSELF

winscp DELETED my files BY ITSELF!. I was only logged in, no single operation was performed and he deleted files from my ftp! Destroying almost entire database! Vesrion 4.3.1 (Build 1099)Today winscp did it 3 times on 2 different pc`c

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: winscp IS STILL DELETING FILES BY ITSELF

mro wrote:

winscp DELETED my files BY ITSELF!. I was only logged in, no single operation was performed and he deleted files from my ftp! Destroying almost entire database! Vesrion 4.3.1 (Build 1099)Today winscp did it 3 times on 2 different pc`c
Have you any logs proving that?

modmani

Winscp deleting files on remote server when connection lost

It happened to me too :( Unfortunately the user does not have any log

the version of winscp is 4.2.9

Also I was not able to reproduce the error.

Can you let me know how can I check the logs of winscp

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum