Topic "Ignore permission errors"

ndberesford
[View user's profile]

Hiya

I'm sure I'm missing this somewhere obvious but I'm getting errors on a transfer and it's telling me to use the "Ignore permission errors" option, but I can't see where to set that in code. I'd assumed in TransferOptions but there's nothing obvious in there. Am I being that clueless?

Thanks!
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
You cannot set that in .NET assembly. Though there will likely be a better solution. But I need to see completed error message.

Hi Martin

That's a bit of a shame. The error message is:

Upload of file 'EDIMessage4423-9491.edi' was successful, but error occurred while setting the permissions and/or timestamp. If the problem persists, turn on 'Ignore permission errors' option.

I assume it's the permissions on the server I'm uploading to, but that's out of my control so I can't make changes there.

Basically it's an automated file upload that uses TransferOperationResult.IsSuccess to flag a file as uploaded in a DB. The code was working fine until there was a change in the server I was uploading to and now I get that message. The file is being uploaded as I can manually login and see it, it's just the IsSuccess flag is staying false. I'm leaving the TransferOptions.FilePermissions set to the default so perhaps the timestamp?

Thanks
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
TransferOptions.PreserveTimestamp = false;
TransferOptions.FilePermissions = null; // that's default

Hi Martin

Thanks very much for that. Classic case of not being able to see the wood for the trees. I was so hungup looking to disable errors that I didn't think about addressing them. That's sorted that issue out.

Thank you
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License