Topic "FileTransferProgress event still occurs"

[View user's profile]

First of all, I believe that winscp is a better transfer tool than sharpssh or : easier to use, better performance on large files, multi-protocol support

I also want to point out that when downloading one file (with filemask selection) among 50 000 files, Session.FileTransferProgress event still occurs even if FileTransferProgressEventArgs.OverallProgress is 1 (100%)

In the meantime it seems to continue browsing skipping files (please find the attached session log)

Unless I am mistaken, there are other operations during getfiles execution so i'm wondering how to calculate an accurate transfer speed ?

Any advice and support would be appreciated

Thank you

Last edited by sendo on 2014-02-04 06:26; edited 1 time in total
[View user's profile]

i'm wondering how to calculate an accurate transfer speed ?

a FileTransferStart Event could help ?
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
What is an accurate transfer speed for this case? You are asking WinSCP to check over 50 thousands files, where only 1 is actually transferred. Do you want to calculate speed for that single transfer against time the transfer took or again time the whole operation took? Neither seems relevant to me.
Martin Prikryl

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License