Topic "Caching returning wrong directory, can I turn it off?"

I am using winscp scripting to upload files to the same server, but different folders. I use separate scripts for this. I call these at least twice an hour. It looks like the directory caching is failing and it is causing the files to not be uploaded properly. One script I am attempting to change the directory to ...eaimages and it looks like it is changing it to ...mfimages. mfimages is used in the other script and I don't know how/why it is popping up here.

See the log below:

2014-06-03 12:51:30.382 Script: cd /public_ftp/eaimages
2014-06-03 12:51:30.382 Cached directory change via "/public_ftp/eaimages" to "//PWD/public_ftp/mfimages=//PWD/=//PWD"/.
2014-06-03 12:51:30.382 Getting current directory name.
2014-06-03 12:51:30.382 Script: //PWD/public_ftp/mfimages=//PWD/=//PWD
2014-06-03 12:51:30.383 Script: put "C:\....."
2014-06-03 12:51:30.383 Copying 1 files/directories to remote directory "//PWD/public_ftp/mfimages=//PWD/=//PWD"

It then attempts to upload the files to the wrong directory, but from what I can see - the file goes into the void. It never shows up anywhere even though it spends time sending it.

I use the /public_ftp/mfimages in another script so I can see why it is caching. I just think there is a bug and I don't want to mess with it. I just want to turn off caching for now and get this working again.

Well, I found the missing files that it is uploading.

The are being put into this folder:

This is crazy.

I tried turning off directory caching in the graphical interface like the docs say I can do and it had no effect.

The logs still say it is using cache and permanent cache
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Please see

Though I would appreciate if you help us fixing the bug, as you seem to know what it causing the wrong caching.
Martin Prikryl

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License