Topic "Running rom USB"

I would like to put WinSCP on a USB stick (along with other tools such as putty) to be able to use it from insecure PCs. If I do not save any sessions (and only transfer files to/from the USB stick), will anything be written to the hard drive of the PC that could compromise my security?
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
WinSCP will store the configuration, cache and public keys of the servers to windows registry.

Configuration and public keys should not contain any sesitive information.

However the cache contains paths on your server, which may or may not be sensitive information.

You may store configuration and the cache to INI file on your USB stick. See Storage tab of Preferences dialog.

Thanks. You may want to consider adding a feature to remove this (similar to "putty -cleanup").
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
See Tools button on Stored sessions tab of login dialog.

prikryl wrote:
See Tools button on Stored sessions tab of login dialog.

Cool. Is there a command line way to access this? It would be nice to be able to create a cleanup.bat fle on my usb drive.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Quote:
Is there a command line way to access this? It would be nice to be able to create a cleanup.bat fle on my usb drive.

/UninstallCleanup shows the same window as Tools button.

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License