Topic "WinSCP plugin for Servant Salamander"

GoldenWolf

Hello!

Main feeature of WinSCP for me: parallel editing of remote files with synchronization event binded on temp file modification.

Your plugin does not support editing remote files at all Sad(((

Best regards,
Pavel Kudinov
Advertisements
GoldenWolf

1. Why i can't copy files from one WinSCP plugin panel to other? Sad (i think it's so simple - to use temp file for it)
2. Why i can't execute command from a plugin like in WinSCP?

Currently:
I use WinSCP for remote working (main functions - editing of multiple remote files and grepping on server side) + Total Commander for local work (with _two_ panels - this is so coool!!!), i would prefer one good integrated program, but Servant Salamander + WinSCP plugin has no 3 very usefull functions (described below)

P.S. Sorry for my English )
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
GoldenWolf wrote:
Main feeature of WinSCP for me: parallel editing of remote files with synchronization event binded on temp file modification.

This is something to be implemented in the filemanager, not in the plugin. Just like a viewer.

Last edited by martin on 2005-04-14; edited 1 time in total
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
GoldenWolf wrote:
1. Why i can't copy files from one WinSCP plugin panel to other? Sad (i think it's so simple - to use temp file for it)

I'll consider it.

Quote:
2. Why i can't execute command from a plugin like in WinSCP?

I do not know what you mean by this.

I mean Ctrl+T, could it be realized in a Plugin? (or appling macros from WinSCP) (for me - it is the best way to find/grep/replace in files on remote server)

prikryl wrote:
GoldenWolf wrote:

This is something to be implemented in the filemanager, not in the plugin. Just like a viewer.

okay, sorry, but why you can't open an external editor from a plug-in and trace file modifications hidden from Salamander?
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
GoldenWolf wrote:
I mean Ctrl+T, could it be realized in a Plugin?

Type in the command to command line below panels.

Quote:
(or appling macros from WinSCP) (for me - it is the best way to find/grep/replace in files on remote server)

Custom command are not supported by the plugin yet. You are the first one who misses it. However it may be still think to be implemented rather by the filemanager, not by the plugin.
Site Admin
Quote:
okay, sorry, but why you can't open an external editor from a plug-in and trace file modifications hidden from Salamander?

Sure, I can, but it would be duplicate work, because this is think the filemanager will eventually support too, I believe.

prikryl wrote:
Quote:

Sure, I can, but it would be duplicate work, because this is think the filemanager will eventually support too, I believe.

Thanks!

But i think that Filemanager implementation wouldn't work with several files simultaneously and force upload on Ctrl+S.

It would nice if you realize it, thanks again!
P.S. Sorry for my english...
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License