Received too large SFTP packet. Max supported packet size... (Windows version)

Advertisement

Alain Hogue

Received too large SFTP packet. Max supported packet size... (Windows version)

I have read all the messages on this board but it does not work for me.

I am using the Windows version and I have been using the WinSCP executable since many years ago. We are connecting to a large SFTP server and never had any issues. We are able to download the file but with many retries. I want to validate if there is something I can do on my end or do I have to report this to the owner of the SFTP server. I am using both the user interface and the command line and both have the same issue. I am using version 5.21.6 and 6.1. Both have the same problem.

Please advise!

P.S. I have tried with FileZilla user interface and the native Windows 2022 Server sftp client command line and it is working without any issue.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Received too large SFTP packet. Max supported packet size... (Windows version)

Please attach a full session log file showing the problem (using the latest version of WinSCP). A log from FileZilla or sftp would be useful too.

To generate the session log file, enable logging, log in to your server and do the operation and only the operation that causes the error. Submit the log with your post as an attachment. Note that passwords and passphrases not stored in the log. You may want to remove other data you consider sensitive though, such as host names, IP addresses, account names or file names (unless they are relevant to the problem). If you do not want to post the log publicly, you can mark the attachment as private.

Alain Hogue

Log file attached

I have included the log file as requested. I also included the log file from FileZilla. If you need more details, please let me know. Thank you for your help.
  • filezilla.log (2.02 KB, Private file)
  • winscp.log (10.17 KB, Private file)

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum