Topic "How Can I Upload without Dialogue Prompts?"

Richard_D
[View user's profile]

I have just upgraded to WinSCP 3.7.6 and from Win 98SE to XP Pro. Previously, I was able to simply drag files from local folders and drop onto my remote web server as a one-step process; but I am now getting a 'Copy Dialogue' box before each transfer. Is there any way to turn off these dialogues so that drag and drop transfers will happen without further prompting?

TIA,

Richard_D
Advertisements
Cin

There is a way, go to Options > Preferences. On that dialog is a list of check boxes. Just make sure the appropriate boxes are ticked, ie. overwrite, etc.
Richard_D
[View user's profile]

[quote="Cin"]There is a way, go to Options > Preferences. On that dialog is a list of check boxes. Just make sure the appropriate boxes are ticked, ie. overwrite, etc.[/quote]

Got it! Thanks so much, I don't know how it missed this, it was right under my nose. Neutral
Cin

Richard_D wrote:
Cin wrote:
There is a way, go to Options > Preferences. On that dialog is a list of check boxes. Just make sure the appropriate boxes are ticked, ie. overwrite, etc.

Got it! Thanks so much, I don't know how it missed this, it was right under my nose. Neutral

No problemo. The copy dialog annoys me to. Razz

I have v3.7.6 and I have this problem too. I unchecked every box under preferences --> confirmations, but when I right-click a file and use 'send to winscp' and choose the session, I am STILL getting the copy confirmation box coming up. very annoying, help??

cheers,
-Trev
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Anonymous wrote:
I have v3.7.6 and I have this problem too. I unchecked every box under preferences --> confirmations, but when I right-click a file and use 'send to winscp' and choose the session, I am STILL getting the copy confirmation box coming up. very annoying, help??

How else you want to specify target directory?

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License