How to use WinSCP with Azure SSIS integration runtime

Advertisement

schlarmage

How to use WinSCP with Azure SSIS integration runtime

How to install the WinSCP binaries into Azure Integration Runtime? I can register the dll via gacutil (via Azure IR customization), but the required winscp.exe seems to require a path reference in code at runtime in an SSIS script task. This path information is not available in Azure IR as it is a serverless environment. Has anyone had success installing/configuring WinSCP for Azure IR and successfully running an SSIS script task that references it?

Advertisement

schlarmage

Re: How to use WinSCP with Azure SSIS integration runtime

Unfortunately, this example is for a self-hosted integration runtime. I'm using a Data Factory v2 Azure-hosted IR which requires you to upload binaries and a main.cmd script to a Azure blob which the IR reads when starting and executes main.cmd. If I use the WinSCP MSI for example to install both the exe and the dll, and then add the dll to the GAC, I need to reference the exe path in package script code, e.g
session.ExecutablePath = @"C:\Program Files (x86)\WinSCP\WinSCP.exe";
And I don't have access to the file system in the Azure hosted IR to get the path.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: How to use WinSCP with Azure SSIS integration runtime

So what does your main.cmd do? Is it a batch file? Does it start your C# application? I do not know Azure IR. Please give us more info how it works. Or post some link.

Can I try Azure IR myself? Or do you need some special server/paid service?

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum