Topic "Dropped connections.."

Jeff

Currently if a session times out the connection will be lost. When a transfer is attempted the program reports that it is not connected and it exits. Could it be made to the program returns to the saved site list or better could the program prompt the user: "would you like to reconnect to site XXX?"

Thanks!!!
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Due to limitation of Putty 0.51 code on which is WinSCP based, I cannot do that. I have not yet found out, whether this changed in latest release 0.53b.

But putty doesn't just exit? You can duplicate the session if you lost the connection. Anyway, I'm all for a stop/resume ability for filetransferes in winscp Smile))
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Anonymous wrote:
But putty doesn't just exit? You can duplicate the session if you lost the connection.

This launches new instance of application, it does not reconnect. But you're right, I may do similar thing, however this is only partial solution.

prikryl wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
But putty doesn't just exit? You can duplicate the session if you lost the connection.

This launches new instance of application, it does not reconnect. But you're right, I may do similar thing, however this is only partial solution.

c

Anonymous wrote:
prikryl wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

c

When WinSCP loses connection, it loses all the background transfers Sad - Its very inconvenient.
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License