Topic "VNC"

squirrel

hi,
is it possible to attach a button in the toolbar or menu which allows me to use vnc (for example ultravnc)?
is there something in planning?

best regards
Suirrel
Advertisements

hi,
thats a great idea, but can you also integrate the session-handling from the vnc into the session-handling in winscp, if it will be realized?
tony

good morning,
many people use winscp and vnc for remote control. It's an great idea to merge winscp with vnc. Cool
but i think it's a problem to implement this because of it's licence agreement. Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad
It's a great pity that such an idea probably won't be realized.

I hope they find a way to come to a compromise and integrate vnc into winscp Question
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
squirrel wrote:
is it possible to attach a button in the toolbar or menu which allows me to use vnc (for example ultravnc)?

What should the button exactly do?

hi,
Quote:

What should the button exactly do?

It should start a vnc-client like UltraVNC or TightVNC. It could start a thread or process in which the vnc-client(vncviewer.exe) will be startet so that the user can do remote control and filetransfer at the same time.
The problem is, that you always must login with a password, when you start a vnc-client. So it will be a very good feature to store the password together with the sessions of WinSCP.
An other good feature will be that the user self can adjust which vnc-client(ultravnc, tightvnc or realvnc) he want to start.

best regards
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Squirrel wrote:
It should start a vnc-client like UltraVNC or TightVNC. It could start a thread or process in which the vnc-client(vncviewer.exe) will be startet so that the user can do remote control and filetransfer at the same time.
The problem is, that you always must login with a password, when you start a vnc-client. So it will be a very good feature to store the password together with the sessions of WinSCP.
An other good feature will be that the user self can adjust which vnc-client(ultravnc, tightvnc or realvnc) he want to start.

OK, I see. I'll consider that.
Site Admin
This issue has been added to tracker.

It would be great if both options were merged!
raijia31
[View user's profile]

Hi everyone!

Is there a way how to integrate plug-in system in VNC servers, especially RealVNC product...?

This is the main concept of our thesis proposal.

Thanks in advance.
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License