Topic "overwrite confirmation always on with FTP"

petr.pavel
[View user's profile]
Donor
Hi Martin,
I have the latest WinSCP as FAR Plugin 1.6 beta.
When I connect using plain ol' FTP and try to upload a file that already exists I get "Remote file '...' already exists. Overwrite?" question no matter what I chose in Far Options / Plugin Configuration / WinSCP / Confirmations: Overwriting of files

Selecting "Never ask me again" doesn't have any effect on the question. It does turn off the Confirmation option in Plugin Configuration though.
It's just that the configuration option isn't taken into account.

It's just a minor thing, I'm glad that you incorporated FTP into WinSCP FAR Plugin so that I can enjoy Synchronised browsing even with FTP.

Thanks a heap mate.
Petr

P.S.: About option in WinSCP plugin configuration shows "Specified file info string not available".
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
This is know issue (see tracker) that has been resolved in WinSCP 4.0.7. Once the plugin is updated, it will also include the fix.
Donor
prikryl wrote:
Once the plugin is updated, it will also include the fix.

Hello Martin,
any chance you could update the plug-in any time soon?
I know you're doing this in your free time I would just like to "ping" this thread to express my continuing interest Smile

Thanks.
Petr
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Plugin will be updated once final version of 4.1.x is released. Hopefully it will be the next one Smile

AFAIK I'm running the latest release (4.1.4, build 407) and have this problem only when source folders are empty.

Jim
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Jim_S wrote:
AFAIK I'm running the latest release (4.1.4, build 407) and have this problem only when source folders are empty.

This forum is about FAR plugin. Anyway, why do you expect overwrite confirmation if there are no source files?

prikryl wrote:
Jim_S wrote:

This forum is about FAR plugin. Anyway, why do you expect overwrite confirmation if there are no source files?

No, I don't expect a overwrite confirmation. I choose the option for disabling that confirmation when I run WinSCP within a Explorer shell but every time when there is a empty folder to copy, I get that annoying confirmation screen.

Sorry for using the wrong forum, I've found this thread while searching for the problem I'm dealing with.

Jim
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Jim_S wrote:
No, I don't expect a overwrite confirmation. I choose the option for disabling that confirmation when I run WinSCP within a Explorer shell but every time when there is a empty folder to copy, I get that annoying confirmation screen.

Can you post a screenshot?

Ok, here is a sample.

This is my starting session:

While copying an empty folder I get an error like this:

My FTP host is DriveHQ. Please let me know if you need more info.

Regards,

Jim
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Sorry, that's an error message, not confirmation message. Can you post a log file?
Donor
prikryl wrote:
Plugin will be updated once final version of 4.1.x is released. Hopefully it will be the next one Smile

Thank you, thank you, thank you! It was a major pain for me and now it's gone. What a relief.

Thanks a bunch, Martin.

Petr

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License