Topic "Problem with SFTP transfer"

Boby
[View user's profile]

This problem has ocuured since months but I wanted to be sure it came from WinSCP before posting. Here it is.

I connect regularly to the server at work (where they allow only SFTP connections, not FTP) from home in order to transfer files .

For approximately one year, using the successive latest version of WinSCP, I have been experiencing systematic and recursive disconnection when tranferring files. I need to reconnect every 15 seconds to achieve the transfer.

I have first thought it was a server issue but after inquiry it appears it was not.

I then tried other file transfer softwares enabling SFTP connections (essentially FireFTP and Fillezilla) with which I have had no problem at all: the transfer is fine and fast (no disconnections).

Therfore, it may be possible that this is a WinSCP issue.

I am ready to furnsih other details to help you if you need.

Yours,

Boby
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Please post a piece of log file showing the disconnect. Or at least a complete error message.

OK Thanks.

I just sent you a logfile by mail.

Boby
Boby
[View user's profile]

Looking again at the forum, it may be possible that the issue I am experiencing is the same as the one described in Topic "Why is WinSCP so slow?"

For information, I use WinSCP 4.1.6 on Windows XP SP3.

Boby
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License