Topic "Option to disable full path when temp. storing remote files"

Uruloki

Hi,

i think i posted this request some time ago Smile Anyway, if you have time, can you pls add an option to disable replicating the full path when WinSCP stores remote files so that you can edit them.

For example, i set WinSCP to use c:\_r_ folder for storage and i want to remotely edit this file: /folder1/folder2/folder3/folder4/folder5/folder6/remote.html.

Then WinSCP 4.07 (Build 370) stores remote files like this:
c:\_r_\scp00101\remote.html

While WinSCP 4.1.8 (Buld 415) stores it like this:
c:\_r_\scp00101\folder1\folder2\folder3\folder4\folder5\folder6\remote.html

which is kinda annoying, since some editors show full path in the opened file list panel and it's a mess.

If you can add this option i'll be able to finally upgrade my WinSCP Smile)

But thanks for this excellent piece of software anyway.
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
What editor?

Well, ok, the one that i use at least :) Haven't found better one. It's EditPadPro.

I can take a pic if you want.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
OK, will see.
I fact I have received exactly opposite request recently. It is hard to satisfy needs of all users Smile

2Uruloki
I think duplicate server's path in temporary directory was a good idea. When you edit file from local disk, will you don't need to know where it is on the disk? May be you have 2 versions of one file in different directories, or 2 files with the same name in different directories. How you will recognize its, without paths?
Uruloki

Max wrote:
2Uruloki
I think duplicate server's path in temporary directory was a good idea. When you edit file from local disk, will you don't need to know where it is on the disk? May be you have 2 versions of one file in different directories, or 2 files with the same name in different directories. How you will recognize its, without paths?

I agree that normally it's very useful. However any editor that displays full path in its File List section will look pretty silly. In my case, if i need to differentiate btwn files with identical name i just put them into separate projects.

I don't ask to disable it completely, i'm just asking for an option to disable it (if possible, of course) Smile

Here is what i mean (lots of HIGHLY confidential info as you can see Wink):

The last Project uses the most recent WinSCP. Only 5 files are open and it took whole screen already.
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License